Resources and Links
If you are attending a bee for the first time, it is a good idea to contact the person listed. Since these locations are not in homes, but in churches or banks, the bee might not meet because of an activity previously scheduled; i.e., vacation church camp, board meetings, or dinners.
1. Sunshine Quilters: This group meets every third Thursday in the basement of the State Bank of the Lakes, 50 Commerce Drive, Grayslake, IL. This bee is open to those who wish to meet from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm although most show up around 1:00 pm, but not always. You may bring hand work or your machine. The contact person for this bee is Kathy Heusinkveld.
2. Gurnee Community Church, 4555 Old Grand Ave, Gurnee, IL. A group meets every Friday from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Contact person is Mary Dietz. You will need to contact Mary to get the code to enter the building.
3. SteepleStitchers has been meeting for 25 years. Erika Eddy wrote…We would currently welcome new quilter friends on Thursday evenings from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, for hand work (no machines), at Faith Lutheran Church on Deerpath Road and Route 41 in Lake Forest (680 Deerpath Road). Before you join us for the first time, please contact Erika Eddy so that we may meet you at the church. Or contact Feather Schroeder. We need a special code to get into the church. Looking forward to having you join us.
4. Liberty Quilters meet at the First Presbyterian Church, 219 West Maple Ave, Libertyville, IL. This group meets on the second, fourth, and fifth Wednesdays of each month. They meet from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Contact person for this group is Dorothy Roderick.
5. A bee with a modern bent meets on the second Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in the basement of the State Bank of the Lakes, 50 Commerce Drive, Grayslake, IL. This group is not a VQ group but Christine Tindell and Celia Stratman attend this group and would like to see others from Village Quilters join. Contact Christine.
6. ***New Bee - Machine Quilting*** Kathy Sorkin would like to start a new bee about free motion machine quilting (FMQ). Many of us are new to quilting by machine and this would be a good place to practice and exchange ideas. The bee will meet on the third Thursday of the month in the basement of the State Bank of the Lakes, 50 Commerce Drive, Grayslake, IL. The room is available beginning at 9:30 am, which is when Kathy will arrive. The first meeting will take place on July 18th. If this sounds interesting to you, contact.
Buttons and Bolts Fabric & Quilting Supply
27642 75th Street
Salem, WI 53168
MADE Creative Fiber Arts Studio
open by appointment only
equipment rentals: long-arm quilting, die cutting
quilt finishing services
21 N. Williams St
Crystal Lake, IL
106 Northwest Highway (Rt. 14)
Fox River Grove, IL 60021
27W209 Geneva Rd.
Winfield, IL 60190
945 E. Rand Road
Arlington Heights, IL
1747 Dundee Rd.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Centerpointe of Woodridge
(behind Baker's Square)
7440-M Woodward Ave.
630-969-2205 and 800-988-2205
Serenity Quilt Shop
4003 80th Street, Suite 102
Sew'n Save of Racine
3701 Durand Ave.
Racine, WI 53405
Sew 'n Save Phone: (262) 554-8708
Elmwood Fabric Gallery Phone: (262) 554-6445
The Sewing Source
122 E. Grand Avenue
Lake Villa, IL
Stitching on State
290 South State Street
Hampshire, Il 60140
Long Arm Quilting Services
Got You Covered Longarm Quilting
James Rohde the Quilt Engineer
14-foot Gammill for large quilts
7826 55th Ave
Kenosha, WI 53142
MB Services, Longarm Quilting
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
I am working from my home and request hours by appointment
34469 N. Circle Dr., Round Lake, IL 60073
Prairie Shop Quilts Long Arming
Quilting by Design
(with the computer-assisted Statler Stitcher)
Rockin' Bobbin Longarm Quilting
Other Quilting Resources
Interesting places & things to see and do for the travel-minded quilter and companions.
Crystal Lake, IL60014
Quilters Stitch Together
Original patterns, kits, hand dyed fabrics and completed quilts
Zion, IL 847-872-1789
Need to hang your quilt? The Hang-Ups Company offers their original wooden hangers and two invisible systems ("No See Ums" and "Super Bars!").
Illinois Quilters, Inc., a guild that meets in Wilmette.
Major Yearly Quilt Shows
Last updated: July 3, 2019
This information is provided solely as a service to our members. Village Quilters of Lake Bluff/Lake Forest does not endorse any person or business listed above.