Show Information for Members
Submit Your Quilts Now
The deadline for submitting quilts is July 31, 11:50 p.m. Submit your quilt now!
Here are a few things to you will need when filling in the entry form:
- all quilts must have a name - no untitled quilts
- size of the quilt in inches
- if your quilt is from a workshop, you will be asked to enter the name of the instructor
- if it's a bee or group project, enter the name of the bee or group and make sure everyone us the same group name.
- You will also need to enter your quilt's "story", which is the single page block of text that is printed and displayed next to your quilt.
Prepare this information in advance.
Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation within 5 days, so watch your email. Reply to the confirmation email and attach a picture of your finished quilt. You will receive a second email confirming completion of your entry.
If you would like to have Kearstie photograph your completed quilt, fill out the entry form and submit it ahead of time and bring the quilt along with its name (which you have already entered online) to a meeting. Pictures may be taken about 15 minutes before the start of a meeting or immediately after the meeting.
Art Quilt Challenge
Time to express your creativity in exploring a theme for the upcoming Village Quilters show!
The theme: TEXTILES!
There are LOTS of possibilities for interpretation of this theme — Use of different textures of fabrics, fibers & filaments, yarns rags… or, how about concentrating on "text", or "tiles"? You choose and have fun!
Here are the specifications:
- Finished quilt should be 12" x 12"
- Label it like your other quilts, but a hanging sleeve is not necessary
- Submit 2 quilts if you have more than one idea!
- Enter your quilt like all the others in the show — same deadline, samecheck-in procedure, etc.
Have fun with this, and please participate!
- This quilt can be pieced, fused, painted, embroidered....
- Use photographs, transfers, stencils, paints, inks, stamps....
- Embellish with beads, metal, buttons, ribbons, fibers, crystals, lace, mesh, found objects — anything that can be safely attached!
Questions? Contact Celia Stratman or Feather Schroeder.
As a Boutique vendor, you are welcome to create as many items as you can to sell in the Boutique.
- Items should be original or should have the permission and name of the designer included on any labels
- You will receive an ID # that must be included on every item that you price
- You will receive 85% of the sale of each item, 15% will go to the Guild
- A meeting of all Boutique participants will be held prior to the August Guild meeting to go over the Inventory process, checking in and out, sharing of items being made, working in the Boutique during the show
- All Boutique vendors will be expected to work one 2-hour shift in the Boutique during the show
- Types of items that sold well at the last show include doll clothes, thread catchers, ornaments, seasonal table runners/wall hangings, original art work, clutch-ball baby toy, Christmas package ornaments, key fobs
- Please Note: The Boutique is not a venue for the resale of items
Enjoy creating quality products to sell in the Boutique! If you have any questions, contact Mary Dietz or Linda Warren.
Quilt Show Flyer
Download the 2017 Quilt Show Flyer as a pdf.
Quilts of Valor
See the Service page.
Hanging Day is October 12! Join us at 8:30am to set up the show and hang the quilts. No experience necessary!
Also, every guild member is required to work two staffing shifts during the show. Sign up for your shifts online today!
Show Committee Chairs
Co-chairs: Christine Tindell and Madge Pierce
Art quilt challenge: Celia Stratman
Boutique: Linda Warren and Mary Dietz
Cataloging: Enid Mattimiro and Kearstie Grenier
Check in and out: Feather Schroeder
Hospitality: Jo Bailey and Sylvia Bath
Publicity: Kimberly Jurco and Kearstie Grenier
Quilt appraisal: Judy Hillebrand
Raffle quilt: Kate Klein, Erica Jarrett and Nancy Smith
Quilt travel: Donna Derstadt and Lorraine Potts
Raffle tickets: Dee Elliott and Kathy Avellone
Service: Cheryl Mercy and Deb Sherrock
Set up/ take down: Margaret Martin
Show layout: Patricia Warren
Silent auction: Edythe Hirasawa, Alice Hutchinson and Yolanda Sherrod
Staffing: Carol Swartz and Laura Partridge
Vendors: Linda Spring
Second Tuesday of each month
Fremont Public Library
1170 N. Midlothian Road
Mundelein, IL 60060
Please note: no food is allowed in the library, but drinks are allowed if they are covered.